Gina's Zesty ChardAdapted from California Home Cooking by Michele Anna Jordan (Harvard Common Press, 1997).
Serves 4 to 6.
- 2 bunches (about 2 pounds) of Swiss chard, washed but not dried, tough stems removed
- Â½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Â¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Cut the wet chard leaves crosswise into Â½-inch slices. Pour the olive oil into a wok or large sautÃ© pan. SautÃ© the garlic over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the chard, toss quickly, cover the pan, and cook until the chard is wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Add the lemon zest, salt, and red pepper, and toss quickly. Remove from the heat, transfer to a serving dish, and serve immediately.